Sunday, December 27, 2009

Behind the Jet-Propelled Couch: Cordwainer Smith & Kirk Allen - Alan C. Elms

"Though I have yet to come across solid documentary evidence, I think the circumstantial evidence (including but extending well beyond Leon Stover’s recollections) is strong: Paul Linebarger was Kirk Allen, or at least a substantial component of Kirk Allen. It’s still possible that Robert Lindner combined two patients who suffered from apparently similar symptoms, better to conceal the identities of both and to make his main points about therapeutic technique more strongly. That other patient may yet pop up, and I’d like to hear about him if any reader knows him (or is him). Meanwhile, I’m working to finish my biography of Paul Linebarger. With or without the help of Robert Lindner, he became a great science fiction writer and a remarkable, fascinating man."


4 out of 5

http://www.ulmus.net/ace/csmith/behindjetcouch.html

No comments:

Post a Comment