Sunday, December 27, 2009

Remembering Paul M. A. Linebarger, who was Cordwainer Smith: A Daughter's Memories

A remembrance article by his daughter, Rosana.

"I have quite a few memories of his writing science fiction. It was fun for him, something he did on the side. He would tell me with some glee what some obscure reference meant... too bad I don't remember most of those. I do remember his saying that his story title "Drunkboat" was from the French poem, "Bateau Ivre," by Rimbaud.

I asked him why he didn't want people to know that he was Cordwainer Smith. As I remember it, he said he didn't want to be bothered by fans. Also, he thought it might make some of his professional colleagues think less of him."


5 out of 5


http://www.cordwainer-smith.com/remember.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment